Employment Practices LiabilityBusiness owners and employers are not only faced with the demands of running a business, but may face lawsuits and judgments from employees. Twenty five years ago, there was little need for employment practices liability insurance. However, today’s workplace is much different. Today’s workplace is an environment in which litigation targeting employers has become almost common place. Our workplace has become more litigious than ever before and employers are facing ever increasing lawsuits and awarded judgment amounts.
One of the major concerns for small businesses is the defense costs associated with claims. Even if the claim is dismissed and the plaintiff does not receive a settlement, you are responsible for the defense costs. These costs can become not only expensive but threaten the cash flow of your company. Our insurance advisors know the risks you face and can help explain how those risks affect you, while providing solutions to protect your company.
Some Key Coverages and Definitions for EPLI
- Claims Made
- Right and Duty to Defend ANY claim even if groundless, false, or fraudulent
- Wrongful acts
- Wrongful dismissal, discharge, or termination in employment
- Wrongful failure to hire or promote
- Wrongful discipline or demotion
- Employment related unlawful discrimination (age, gender, sex, pregnancy, race, color, national origin, religion, etc)